SPRING 2023, Issue Seven - The Paris Quarterly, by This French Life
SPRING 2023, Issue Seven - The Paris Quarterly, by This French Life
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧-𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗗𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡𝗟𝗢𝗔𝗗.
Do you prefer a print edition? No problem! Please click “Print Edition” in the menu at the top of the page to check availability.
THE PARIS QUARTERLY, SPRING 2023 - EDITION 7
Discover the enchanting world of French roses with this best-selling travel guide and resource book, perfect for tourists and rose enthusiasts.
Delight in extended-length stories spanning half the size of a novel, bringing the fascinating world of French roses to life.
PLUS - exclusive access templates, journal prompt pages, and CUSTOM downloadable artwork made exclusively for this edition.
For Spring and Early Summer Travelers:
- Explore the Paris rose line with an introduction by Comte St-Germain.
- Indulge in floral dining experiences at the top Parisian restaurants.
- Discover exclusive spring and early summer events, shopping features, antique fairs, and secret gardens.
- Uncover the history, culture, and connection between Marie Antoinette, Versailles, and the rose with tips for a visit to the chateau.
- A guide to the best places to picnic (on the grass!) in Paris
- Enjoy custom walking maps, tours, and rose and garden festivals exclusive to this edition.
PLUS Embark on Must-See Day Trips from Paris:
- Step-by-step guide to visiting Giverny and Monet’s House with custom map
- Chateau de Malmaison
- Val de Marne
- Chateau de Villandry
- The famed Rose Route of France in the Loire
- Jardin des Secrets (in the Alps, accessible only by car)
For Garden Lovers, Spring Enthusiasts, and Rose Aficionados:
- Dive into rose symbolism, myths, and connections to Paris.
- Learn from top Parisian florists through an exclusive interview.
- Explore a full catalog of rose paintings in the Musée d’Orsay, complete with an exclusive access video tour.
- Delve into rose-inspired poetry and literature in both French and English.
- Enjoy custom artwork, journaling pages, and a YouTube playlist tailored to your interests.
- Discover the fragrant history of roses in French medicine and perfume.
- Experiment with roses in French cuisine through recipes and a video on making rose tea.
- Uncover famous French rose varietals and the enigmatic dog rose.
- Get an insider's look at the collaboration between the Ducher family and Heirloom Roses of St. Paul, Oregon.
- Learn about sustainable and organic gardening in an interview with Verdon Roses et Aromes.
- Access a wealth of seed and plant resources based in France.
Page 8 - Introduction
Page 15 - A Rose to Remember
Page 21 - Paris, Roses, Symbolism, Myths & History
Page 29 - Interview with Parisian Florist, Maison Ciero
Page 38 - Arts & Literature
Page 45 - The Rose Line, by the Comte de St Germain
Page 56 - Cuisine and Hosting
Page 70 - Famous French Rose Varietals
Page 78 - Rosier de Chiens
Page 85 - Jardin des Secrets
Page 94 - Culture & History
Page 104 - Interview with Roseraie Ducher
Page 119 - Verdon Roses et Aromes
Page 128 - Paris Day Trips: Gardens and Chateaus
Page 152 - The Rose Route of France
Page 169 - Paris Events, Resources, Gardens, Maps, and Giverny Day Trip
TOTAL NUMBER OF PAGES - 200
#FrenchRoses #RoseTravelGuide #GardensOfFrance #TravelFrance #RoseLovers #FrenchGardens #RoseEnthusiasts #BloomingFrance #RosesAndTravel #ParisianRoses #RoseCulture #ChateauGardens #FloralFrance #RoseInspiration
#VisitFrance #FranceTourism #ParisTravel #DiscoverFrance #TravelParis #JaimelaFrance #Parisjetaime #BeautifulFrance #FranceVacation #FrenchGetaway #ParisianLife #FranceTrip #FranceAdventure #BonjourParis #ExploreFrance
𝗙𝗔𝗤𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗺 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲. 𝗠𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗶!
Who this digital magazine is for:
- Those who want to incorporate French lifestyle into their daily lives.
- Anyone who is planning a trip to Paris or other regions of France.
- Those who want to learn more about French artisans, artists, history, and culture.
- Anyone who loves all things Parisian!
- And those who love to support small businesses and authors like myself.
This digital magazine is the legacy I hope to leave behind.
Paris is where most of us, travelers, ex-pats, or immigrants, land first in France. It is where I first fell in love with this country. We may end up elsewhere, but our journeys often start here.
𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗢𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗹𝘆:
"Hi, Shannon! I truly appreciate all of the work that you put in preparing the Paris Quarterly. I take the opportunity to read a few pages while I have a candle burning and having a cup of tea from Mariage Frères or a glass of Chablis. It is a great relaxing escape from my daily life as a caregiver to my mom, who suffers from dementia. While reading the pages and looking at the great pictures, I take notes on what places I would like to visit on my next trip to Paris! You always have fun and new interesting places and great descriptions that make us think we are there with you. During this season of my life, it is my virtual travel, almost like a trusted friend giving me secret addresses. Your videos and Instagram stories just add to this and bring smiles to my days. A digital version is great as you can update it often and it will always be up to date vs. a hardcover book. Thanks again for all that you do. Enjoy the Christmas windows, the hot chocolate, and roasted chestnuts from the street vendors. I can practically smell them from here in Montreal." - Alida G.
"I read through every page of the first edition of your Paris Quarterly. I lived in the Marais for three months (it was my present to myself after I retired), so I love watching your walks of the area. I'm familiar with many restaurants in the Marais, so it was very helpful to get recommendations from you in other arrondissements. Because I loved trying to fit in in Paris, I found your clothing and shopping sections very informative. Knowing the color of the season was great. It was very good to learn from you that purchasing the Paris Quarterly supports local businesses so I will continue to purchase it. Thanks for all the work you do on your site, Instagram and the Paris Quarterly. I love watching and reading them all!" - Laurie J.
𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀, 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲.
If you've always wanted to…
- Unlock more of Paris with insider tips, stories, videos, and the latest seasonal trends,
- Improve your trip plans and save money & time BEFORE you arrive in France,
- While you are away, stay close to Paris and all that it has to offer with The Paris Quarterly
"I have loved the Paris Quarterly. It has given me a new perspective of the city as I have only been to Paris in very late winter/early spring, and fall looks like it could be my favorite place to visit again.
Plus, you have shown so many places that aren't "touristy" and are the real Paris, it's almost like a best friend showing her best friend all her little secrets. Thank you, Shannon, for all your hard work." - Shannan A.
𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗔𝘀𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 (𝗙𝗔𝗤):
Q1: How do I receive my digital magazine? Where do I access it?
A1: You will receive instant access. The link to your download is in the confirmation email.
Q2: What is in the digital download that I receive?
A2: You will receive a PDF that gives you access to two magazine versions! Option 1 is the complete PDF magazine, which is excellent if you prefer to save it to your iPad or e-reader for viewing. Option 2 is a link and access to view the magazine online.
For annual subscribers, you'll also receive access instructions for the private WhatsApp group.
Q3: Do you have a print edition of the Paris Quarterly magazine available for purchase?
A3: Yes! Starting with the Autumn 2022 edition, the Paris Quarterly magazines will be published in print. The digital edition will always be released first, and global print distribution will be available shortly after that.
Q4: Where can I purchase the print editions?
A4: The Paris Quarterly magazine print issues are available for purchase through my Shopify store as soon as they are released on the global distribution network. You can also find them at these locations around the world:
𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 & 𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗱𝗮
Barnes & Noble
Chapters / Indigo (Canada)
and other well-known book retailers and wholesalers across North America.
𝗔𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗮 & 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗭𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱
𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗞𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗱𝗼𝗺 & 𝗘𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲
Book Depository Ltd
Coutts Information Services Ltd
Eden Interactive Ltd
Trust Media Distribution (formerly STL)
Paperback Shop Ltd
The Book Community Ltd
Q5: I need help finding the latest print edition? I can't find it online.
A5: That's probably because it has yet to be published on the global distribution network. Hang in there! Join us on Instagram, sign up for my newsletter, or watch my blog for announcements.
Q6: What about all of the videos, templates, downloads, and free resources? Will I still have access to those if I buy the print edition?
A6: Yes! It's a two-for-one magazine. When you purchase the print edition, you'll also receive access to the digital version (via a custom QR code).
Q7: I need help accessing the digital download or I am still waiting to receive my confirmation email. Can you help me?
A7: Yes, please use the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved. Your purchase allows you, the user, exclusive access.
The content of this series or parts thereof may not be reproduced in any form, stored in any retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means—electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or otherwise—without prior written permission of the publisher.
This digital download, videos, templates, resources, and the information and services contained herein are provided for educational and entertainment purposes only.
By using the "This French Life" and "The Paris Quarterly" website, blog posts, and digital products, including any links and content contained therein, you agree that the use of this web page, online and offline products, and its information and services are entirely at his/her own risk.
>> COPYRIGHT AND RETURN POLICIES <<
• This is a digital download file. No physical product will be mailed to your address.
• This product is for personal use only. We reserve any and all commercial resale rights to this item. Commercial reproduction, resale, or distribution of the downloaded and / or printed contents is not allowed.
• Due to the nature of instant downloads, all orders are final, non-returnable, and non-refundable. If you experience any technical difficulties with your files, please contact us for assistance.